The natural stone you have in your home, office, or commercial building is an investment that will give you many years of beautiful service. Simple care and maintenance will help preserve your stone’s beauty for generations to come. When discussing care and cleaning procedures with your maintenance staff, there are recommended do’s
and don’ts that should always be followed.
- Do dust mop floors frequently.
- Do clean surfaces with mild detergent or stone soap.
- Do thoroughly rinse and dry the surface with clean, clear water after washing.
- Do blot up spills immediately.
- Do protect floor surfaces with non-slip mats or area rugs.
- Don’t use vinegar, lemon juice, or other cleaners containing acids on marble, limestone, travertine, or onyx
- Don’t use cleaners that contain acid such as bathroom cleaners, grout cleaners, or tub & tile cleaners.
- Don’t use abrasive cleaners such as dry cleansers or soft cleansers.
- Don’t mix bleach and ammonia; this combination creates a toxic and lethal gas.
- Don’t ever mix chemicals together unless directions specifically instruct you to do so.
- Don’t use vacuum cleaners that are worn. The metal or plastic attachments or the wheels may scratch the
These are just a few tips for cleaning. For more information on how to maintain or restore the natural stone in your building, contact KC Restoration today!